Thursday 20 January 2011

Individual cheesecakes. Yum!


I made these for my Dad's birthday and they're so easy but look great. The cases are made of chocolate which is done by just melting some dark or milk chocolate and spreading it around the inside of some silicone bun/muffin cases (depending how big you want your portions!). Chill in the fridge for about an hour, then they should come out really easily by peeling away the silicone case. While they are cooling make up your chocolate cheesecake filling and then scoop into the chocolate cases. Decorate as you wish! The only thing to remember is the chocolate cases melt quickly when handling so work quick or just take a couple out of the fridge at a time and put back in when you're done!

This got a lot of oohs and ahs when I got it out but was really quite simple! My two year old helped me with the cases! I've also filled them with brownie pieces and topped with strawberries, whipped cream would be good with them too. Get creative and enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. They look really scrummy Rhiannon......Well Done You xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They were scrummy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Rhiannon's Dad and they were scrummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhiannon, the cheesecakes went down really well, though when I now look back at your picture I see I have room for improvement. I let the cases set with a first coat of chocolate and then this morning gave them a second coat - this meant they were really easy to handle without breaking. My error with regards to presentation was that in order to save on washing up I melted the white chocolate in the same dish I'd done the dark hence ending up with a light brown mousse. The taste was still lovely but for aesthetics (as you apparently eat with your eyes too) I think the look of the white is more eyecatching. So next time white mousse, two strawberries (not one - I'm tight) and cookie sprinkles. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet they were amazing! I only used one strawberry but cut it in half! :) I've been tight for so long I'm getting quite good at covering it up! Sophie my sister cuts slits in strawberries nearly to the stalk and then fans them out. They look impressive but if you can use a knife you can do it! Good idea with the two coats, did you take any pictures?

    ReplyDelete