Sunday 13 February 2011

DIY Crayons

Okay, so technically you're not going to make your own crayons but the will be funkier colours and way cooler shapes! (cylinder is SO last year!)

I saw a party bag idea on the homemade by Jill blog where she melted crayons to make car shapes for her son's party so I thought Izzy would love to try it. Plus she is also bored with 'normal' crayon shapes.

So while Izzy was napping I took all the papers off the crayons.


When I say 'I', I should probably point out that I had a little helper...



After we'd done that I waited for Izzy to wake up. And waited. And waited. And decided that I had no excuse not to empty the dishwasher. :(



Then when she woke up and put different colours in each hole of the silicone mould (ours is a train one), but you could use any silicone tray or even bun cases. Then we put it in the oven about 150C for about 15 mins.

I wish I'd put the moulds on a tray because when I took it out it spilt and I had to take out the whole shelf too!



When they were all set and cool I popped them out and Izzy loved them! SO much more fun with a new shape and swirly colours!

(sorry about the wrong way round photo, the uploader keeps flipping it! Taken me ages and it still looks like this!)

I love the way Jill has done them as party bag favours, and it's so easy that I think I'll try them for Izzy's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment