Friday 27 May 2011

FAIL

So...


I re-covered an old lamp shade...



I draped. Glued.


Trimmed.


Tried to cover it up with ribbon.




And see the above pic for evidence of a pretty serious burn. 

Yet I still ended up with this.


Yes that is brown ribbon with a black base.




Yes it does make the before picture look like an after.

So please help! Should I just scrap it? I even tried making a load of ruffles, but that really didn't work with the shape of the shade! Is there anything I can do to save it? 



However on the plus I do have a jar filling with beautiful flowers for a big project I'll be doing with the girls from my church.




Ahh that's better. Tutorials for the melted flowers here and rolled flowers here.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks nice I did one also and didnt turn out the way I wanted maybe add lil rosettes in a cluster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it

    I have one I cut all the material off an old one and going to hang old kitchen items from with tied with ribbons make like a chandelier of kitchen things.

    can you picture what i am saying?

    Janice

    ReplyDelete