Thursday 16 June 2011

Heavily journalled scrapbook page





I recently took Ethan to have his photo taken and they surprised me with a print out of all his best shots! Just tiny pictures but I had an idea of how to put them to good use.

I also wanted to include on the page all he things that he is into at the moment and how he acts. So I used the journalling as the background and stuck the photos onto a piece of acetate which can be lifted up to read all of the writing.

I made the stripes with watered down acrylic paint. 



.






(I did actually mean to crop out the mess on my desk, but there you go. I think it is quite representative of the mess inside my head!)




And that's how it works. I wrote down his habits, routines, things he loves and hates, what he eats and his favourite things/people. 


Simple but I love how many different pictures I've been able to squeeze onto one page! And now I have so much information about him at this sweet age. It makes me smile when I see it (no so much for how it's done, because it's far from perfect, but because these photos and memories will be so precious to both of us in a few years.)





And that's why I scrapbook. (Because it's certainly not something I'm particularly good at! I don't have quite the patience needed!) 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea, it looks great. Thanks for dropping by BC Good Life Wednesdays and adding your link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! So many great ways to personalize it! I love having the journaling for myself but it can be hard to make it beautiful or contain everything that you want to say in a small discreet place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete