Saturday 27 August 2011

A few better pictures

So I thought that after this post I had better share a couple of better pictures so you don't think I'm really that dis-proportioned. 



Here's the wedges I got for my brother's wedding. They're about five inches. I love that it nearly half the height difference between me and my husband, and that I am 'average height' with them on (I'm usually 5"1).


I can now see how badly I need to clean my mirror. But lets face it, what's more exciting to a one year old than licking his own reflection? 


Though at least I tidied moved things out of the way this time! It was pretty rainy and I was on my way to the doctors to take Izzy for her jabs, and I must admit I was pretty nervous. 

I hate holding my babies when they're crying and confused getting injections. But to have my toddler, who can understand so much...I wasn't sure how I was going to do it.

So I distracted myself by making sure she had a new magazine and some special plasters for after. And the nurse was fantastic! She told her to give me a cuddle and I would give her a tight one (and held her arm still), and then she closed her eyes while she had a little scratch. 

She cried, but only while it was being done and was so brave, I was really proud. And as soon as it was over and we'd cuddled I gave her the special owl plasters we'd bought. 

But the thing that really caught me off guard was that the nurse praised me. She said I was a great mum and so prepared. (a few times!) Now I'm not normally prepared and don't think that about myself, in fact I often feel that I'm barely coping with two little children, a house, work and having some time for my husband. 

I was surprised that her words had such a big effects on me, I was smiling like an idiot at her sweet honest words. But it got me to thinking that I really should mention he positive things I think about others, especially mums, because maybe they don't think it about themselves. 

I often think I don't need to mention things like:

"Your home is beautiful."


"Your hair looks gorgeous."


"You're so great with your children."


Because it seems too obvious. But maybe it's exactly what someone needs to hear.

And maybe it could make a difference. 

Have a great week.

p.s. You're awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    Greetings from Belgrade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why thank you! even though i am not a mother... you look really pretty in them pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! It seems like I get so caught up in the day to day things that I often forget to compliment and be positive to others. This was a great reminder to me of how important it is. I'm so happy the Nurse was able to make your experience with your son better by her kind words.

    ReplyDelete