Monday 27 February 2012

One Day Monday - Organisation

So ever since doing the Ideal vs. Real series, I've been looking at my home in a new way. 

Not only has it given me a push to organise some of the "bad" looking areas that I'd been putting off, but it has also made me look at some of the room critically, and wonder if these areas are working the best they can. (This is proving to be a work in progress!)

But I was taught that whenever you say something negative you must also say something positive. (even to myself! ;) ) So one thing that I do like in our home is some of the organisation we do with baskets. More specifically wicker baskets. 

If you've been following for a little while you may have noticed that they pop up a little...(wardrobe, inside Ethan's drawers, the foot of our bed and quite a few more!)


I'd like to share a few of these ideas with you in a post, and how each of them work for us. But before that I've got some Pinterest eye candy of how others use them!

under a bench in living room for throws and mags

This bench would be great in a conservatory for throws and magazines. Ours just end up on the arm of a chair or on top of a table. I would love for them to have a "place". This one is from Museum Selection.

Love the use of wicker baskets as storage and table.

How clever to use a wicker basket not only for storage, but also as a table! Ideal for lesser used items or sentimental things that you don't need easy access to. Found here.

wicker baskets turn into towel storage shelves

I'm sure a lot of you avid "pinners" will have seen this smart idea. Pretty, functional and practical! Pinned from here.

I love, love, love this one.

under bed baskets for kids toys/linen

Mostly because it's such a pretty room! But also because of the clever use of space. They've used all the space, and it looks pretty too. It all matches, plus there's plenty of space for toys, and easy tidy up for little ones to understand. But you know I'd go and put some labels on them! I wouldn't be able to help myself! From I village.

Oh and I'm really coveting that bedding for Izzy's room! 

Now I can't promise my pictures in my next post will be quite as pretty as these, but hopefully they'll be useful and you may get some ideas or even you can tell me how you use your boxes and baskets. I would really love an excuse to buy some more pretty wicker! :)

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment