Saturday 5 May 2012

Cath Kidson Handbag Project


My birthday was last week, and I got two Cath Kidson sewing books. I seriously love the fabrics they have, so when I found out that one of the books (Sew!) not only has patterns for bags and loads more, but also included the fabric pre-cut for the above bag I was so excited!


So as soon as I was alone I got sewing. Seriously took less than two hours.

And that included my first go at button holes...


So you know, I don't have a special button hole maker on my machine. Just a zig-zag stitch!

Plus I used the pre cut pattern pieces to cut out some more out of oil cloth.


The lace very cleverly covers where I melted the oilcloth while trying to iron the seam.


I lined this second bag too. And now Izzy's claimed it as her own for a changing bag. Her dolls need a lot of stuff apparently.



How about some awkward "with bag" poses?


Aaaaand that's why you don't see much of me on the blog! (or my mirror, I swear it doesn't look that bad in real life!)

Oh and by the way, I just recently found a new favourite thing to do. 

Izzy was at nursery school, Ethan had gone to my mum's for the morning. So while I cut and sewed I put in my earphones, turned my music up loud and belted out some tunes.

It.was.awesome.

I'm so used to listening out for someone 24/7 and being loud and not listening was so good! Anyone else tried it? And what songs do you listen to? My favourite album is such a guilty pleasure, I'm not even sure I'm brave enough to share it!

9 comments:

  1. I like both bags. Great photo's of you and your new bags and your little ones. When the kids aren't home I turn up the stereo. My mood changes so I play all kinds of different things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go on, RhiRhi - it can't be that bad! It's not Hanson, is it? If not, then surely you're doing ok!


    mmmmmmmBOP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay everyone...it was Glee (the first album). I can't help loving it! Can we still be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. GLEEEEEEEEEEE!

    We're officially best friends.


    You'll agree when I tell you that I have 6 albums + The Warblers. Including some singles.

    Yes, this is craft-related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, okay. That is awesome! I'm so jealous of your collection! If I get you Tangled can I borrow an album? ;)

      Delete
  5. Hi Rhiannon: I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too. This bag is adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this.

    I would love for you to share your project @ my craft, create and inspire linky party live now !

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Cath Kidston!! Her fabrics and bags are beautiful, such a timeless, elegant design... Great work!
    Hanni

    ReplyDelete