Sunday 1 July 2012

Dining chairs make over

Although I mostly am enjoying the challenge of a no spend summer, there are some things that suck.

Like that before I decided not to buy anything else I'd already started to recover and paint my table and chairs.


(Here's a before picture I was able to dig out from here.)

I recovered the seat covers in oil cloth and l.o.v.e. it! So easy to wipe anything off! Paint, cereal, gravy, ice cream...


Cost about £3 to do all four. As you can see I've re-painted the chairs too!



They'd seen better days, and I really do love the white. Looks so much better in my kitchen/diner.


I really do love the difference!


So, my problem?


I ran out of paint. :( 


Sanded down the fourth chair and probably have enough paint to finish it, but have a sanded table without paint to re-do it...


However, I do have a table cloth! Phew!


Another thing that sucks? Sick kids. Like the kind of ill where they're just grumpy and whiny for a week, but not sick enough that they stop arguing or yelling constantly for drinks, food, toilet trips, different clothes, another toy, a tissue, a blanket...ugh. 


Something that doesn't suck? (of course kids that are not seriously ill) My amazing friend; when she heard I was doing a no spend summer, brought with her freezer paper and printable fabric next time she came over. Just because she thought I might be able to use them.


Then she later suggested I have a look through her part of her fabric stash she wasn't using when I was at hers next.


So here's to things that don't suck! Like awesome friends, and before and afters! :)




How's your week been?



9 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your chairs,they look great.Sorry the kids aren't sick enough!!!! You don't want to know how my week has been,but thank's for asking,keep posting all your groovy make's this summer,love what you do.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley. You made me laugh out loud, I do sound ridiculous! It's been a loooong week. Hope this week is better for you. I always love your comments. xx

      Delete
  2. Adore the re-do on the chairs!

    xo,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the chairs! I havent figured out yet how to do the material bit..how do ya do it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO easy! My bases just pop out, then you wrap the fabric round like a present, and staple it in place. I'll have to take a photo and show you.

      Delete
  4. I love these chairs! They look great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chair makeovers. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/3-face-masks-from-your-kitchen-and.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete